Apply to be a part of the Fall 2018 Chohrt
- Early Consideration: February 1, 2018, rolling admissions until filled.
- Application deadline: April 1, 2018.
- We encourage you to apply early to ensure your application is considered.
Cohorts will be accepted each year for the Fall semester only.
The CSU system is changing its application process. Please check back for detailed instructions.
Applying to the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership is a two-part process:
Part One: Applying to the California State University (CSU)
Domestic Applicants: Apply online - Instructions will be posted shortly.
International Applicants: In addition to applying online at CSU Mentor, international applicants must submit additional documents. Visit the Graduate Studies/International Applications website for complete details.
Part Two: Applying to the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership Program
To apply to the Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership you will need to submit the following materials:
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) results (current within the last 5 years)
- Official scores can be submitted at the test center by selecting Institution Code 4684
- If you have a hard copy of the official scores, it may be mailed to the Ed.D. program office along with your other application materials listed below.
- Personal Statement: Describe your aptitude and motivation for pursuing an applied doctorate in educational leadership, potential for or your demonstrated leadership experience, and your commitment to social justice. You should also discuss why you feel SF State's EdD program is a good intellectual fit for your personal and professional goals. This must be typed (1,000-word limit)
- Letters of Recommendation Three (3) You must submit three (3) letters of recommendation from employers or other individuals who can attest to your suitability for the program. Each letter should be on letterhead and signed.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Writing Sample: Submit a short essay discussing a significant educational issue in California .This must be typed (1,000-word limit)
If you are admitted into the program, you will also need to submit the following:
- Form C: Support Letter from Employer--this is only required once you have been admitted to the program and should be sent directly to the Ed.D. Admissions Office at the above address.