Applying to the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
For Admission to the Fall 2018 Cohort
- Early Consideration: February 1, 2018, rolling admissions until filled.
- Application deadline: April 1, 2018.
- We encourage you to apply early to ensure your application is considered.
- We also encourage prospective students to begin the financial aid application process early. For more information, go to the SF State Financial Aid website and read the Guide to Financial Aid.
Cohorts will be accepted each year for the Fall semester only.
Preparing application materials:
- Personal Statement: This should be typed, single-spaced and should be between one to two pages. Describe succinctly your reasons for applying to the proposed program, your preparation for this field of study and why our program is a good fit for you. Also include discussion of your future career plans, and other aspects of your background as well as interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study. You may indicate potential faculty mentors as part of your study and research interests.(1,000-word limit)
Current curriculum vitae or résumé showing work experience education, and relevant activities and accomplishments;
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) results for the general test including Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Analytical Writing
Must be current within 5 years of the application deadline.
When taking the test you can request that an official score report be sent directly to SF State by selecting Institution Code 4684.
If you have a hard copy of the official scores, you will be able to upload a scanned copy into the online application.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: You must submit three (3) letters of recommendation from employers or other individuals who can attest to your suitability for the program. Each letter should be on letterhead and signed.