The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Research and Evaluation.
Along with the Executive Director, the Director of Research and Evaluation oversees research and evaluation activities. This involves a keen understanding of research design, implementation, analysis, and publishing of the McCormick Center’s research activities. The ability to conduct research requires independent judgment as well as working in collaboration with others during various phases of the research and evaluation projects. Decisions on a daily basis are made independently and those that impact the larger vision of the Center will be done in collaboration with the Leadership Team. Decisions impacting projects for potential funders as well as reporting project results to funders will be vetted thorough the normal Center decision-making processes.
- Oversees the design, implementation, project management, and data analysis for quantitative and qualitative research studies. Presents findings at professional meetings, as funding permits, and submits scholarly papers for publication.
- Oversees and coordinates the McCormick Center’s Leadership Team’s efforts to secure funding for programmatic and research activities.
- Collaborates with state and national entities to promote alignment of the research needs of our funders and partners, including IDHS, ISBE, INCCRA, and Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development.
- Oversees the design, implementation, and analysis of formative evaluation data from the McCormick Center’s training initiatives. Collaborates with other McCormick Center staff in writing reports to funders documenting activities and outcomes.
- Oversees the development of surveys and the maintenance of survey data.
- Oversees the L.E.A.D. Early Childhood Clearinghouse, including the website maintenance and Annual Report.
- Supervises staff as needed
- Monitors new and emerging research relating to the early childhood workforce (birth through 3rd Grade), leadership development, and program quality improvement.
- Writes and serves as editor of quarterly Research Notes
- Serves as a member of the McCormick Center’s Leadership Team, guiding the development and implementation of the Center’s strategic initiatives.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and implementing research projects and evaluation studies in early childhood or related field.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated record of securing external funding and establishing public/private alliances.
- Doctorate preferred in Early childhood education, child development, organizational leadership or related study. Master’s required.
Terms of Employment
- Full time.
- This position is located in Early childhood education, child development, orgainzationall leadership or related study. Master's required.
- Complete an online application available at: https://jobs.nl.edu/postings/5581
The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is dedicated to building brighter futures for children by enhancing the management skills, professional orientation, and leadership capacity of early childhood administrators. The activities of the Center encompass four areas: training and technical assistance, program evaluation, research, and public awareness.
NLU is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. At NLU, we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
The McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership at National Louis University (NLU) is an affirmative action/equal access/equal opportunity employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. NLU is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
For more information see: https://mccormickcenter.nl.edu/about/careers/
- Interested to apply: https://jobs.nl.edu/postings/5581